NEWS – 19TH June 2011


125 Years Celebrations Emly GAA Club will mark its 125 years anniversary on the weekend of Fri July 1st – Sun July 3rd. All past players, members and families are invited to join in the celebrations.

Weekend Events: !st, 2nd, 3rd July.

Fri 1st:  Road Hurling and Novelty Quiz.

Sat 2nd  : Bord na NOg Blitz and a Leisure cycle.

Sat 2nd 7.30pm: Anniversary Mass.

Sat 2nd 9.30pm: Gathering at the Golden Thatch with food, music and guest speakers. Tickets at €10  from Seamus Walsh or Tom Joe O Brien.

Sun 3rd: Parade of Players/ Field Eve.

Contact Information

Fr. Bernard Moloney, P.P. – 06257111; 0876366656

Fr. Seamus Rochford, A.P. – 06257103; 0868162660.

SCHOOL: St. Ailbe’s National School
PRINCIPAL: Pauline Finnan
VICE PRINCIPAL: Joseph Hennessy.

Quick Facts

POP. of the PARISH: c. 820

POPULAR SURNAMES: Burke (Bourke), Ryan, Lonergan, McEniry.

LOCATION: 14km West of Tipperary Town, historical barony of Clanwilliam

Emly was established as an episcopal see in 1118 by the Synod of Ráth Breasail.